Dileep's lawyer told reporters that they would approach the High Court for bail.
Kochi: If a report submitted by the cops before the Angamali Judicial First Class Magistrate is to be believed, either Pulsar Suni or his aide had handed over the visuals to Dileep and a subsequent dispute over payment resulted in the blackmail and arrest of the actor.
The court had accepted a request by the police and extended the actor's custody till Saturday 5 pm. After hearing the arguments of the prosecution and also the counter arguments of the lawyer who appeared to defend the actor, the court rejected the bail plea.More news: Takata recalls another 2.7M airbags
The police were asked to bring Dileep back to the court to unlock the mobile phones he had surrendered. The prosecution also pointed out there has already been an organised move on social media platforms, supporting the actor.
The police had earlier arrested the prime accused Pulsar Suni and his accomplices a week after the incident in February. Dileep was arrested on July 10 and remanded to 14-days of judicial custody.
The special prosecutor contended that Dileep should not be granted bail and if he is, there are chances that he would try to destroy the evidence. Dileep who was arrested on Monday was made accused number two in the sensational actress abduction and molestation case.More news: India rejects China's offer on Kashmir, says ready for dialogue with Pakistan
Dileep seems to have personal grudges against the actress and hence planned this abduction.
Dileep's advocate claimed that the actor was being framed in the case.
Breaking her silence on July 13, the actress had expressed the hope that truth would come out in the case.More news: End Qatar blockade, UK FM tells Arab states