He's also continued to tweet about the Rich case-because how else, besides police investigations, intelligence community analysis, and common sense, could we ever find "the TRUTH"?-and notes of support from fans. "I am not Fox.com or FoxNews.com, I retracted nothing", he says.
Rich's death has become a voracious talking point for many in the conservative media over the past month as unsubstantiated reports said he had been in contact with WikiLeaks and that he may have been the source of the DNC email leaks during the election, not Russian Federation.
He added, "At the proper time, we shall continue, and talk a lot more".
NEW YORK - Fox News Channel's Sean Hannity said Tuesday he's backing off his speculation about the 2016 murder of Democratic National Committee employee Seth Rich after talking with Rich's family, which had appealed to the media to stop.More news: Obama-era rule on financial advisers to go forward, for now
"Out of respect for the family's wishes, for now, I am not discussing this matter at this time", Hannity said on air. "The article was found not to meet those standards, and has since been removed". Hours after Wheeler's report, he told CNN that his "information" was in fact "from the reporter at Fox News", not based on hard evidence or any of his own original findings or sources, including at the Federal Bureau of Investigation. The article didn't explicitly call for a boycott, though it listed more 100 companies that advertise on Hannity. Rich was assassinated, according to the unfounded conspiracy, as part of an attempt to spread rumors that the Trump campaign colluded with Russian Federation to harm the Clinton campaign by releasing thousands of embarrassing emails.
On Twitter, Del Rio follows Hillary Clinton, Donald Trump, Hannity, and Paul Joseph Watson, the English conspiracy theorist who hates refugees, fears Sweden, and is petrified to leave his own apartment.
Long before the retraction, the Fox News story fell apart nearly the moment it was published.
Hannity stoked that speculation again Tuesday, promising an announcement about "my future at Fox". Monica's case was nothing until Roger Ailes took the reigns at Fox News and ran the story relentlessly. And I have little faith in the good people at the mainstream media to conduct an impartial investigation. "I've been communicating with them". Fox News has already lost its two biggest prime time stars - Bill O'Reilly and Megyn Kelly - in the span of just five months. Law enforcement believes that Rich's death may have had to do with a botched robbery.More news: Sicily Open Soderberg, Hoey lead after flirting with 59
Does anyone else see the irony of Roger Ailes' death, Monika Lewinsky's editorial and the story which put Fox News on the map? But since Ailes' exit in a sexual harassment scandal, the network has been more willing to admit error. Hannity did not apologize for or retract his previous commentary.
So family spokesman Brad Bauman appears to be admitting here that evidence is going to come out that Rich, did, in fact have "some contact" with wikileaks as investigator Rod Wheeler is saying. Fox New said he was never booked. They are being inundated with Emails to stop advertising on my show.
"We appeal to your decency to not cause a grieving family more pain and suffering by allowing your platform to be used by someone to drag our family name through the mud".
Becket Adams at the Washington Examiner wrote a column entitled, "That report about Seth Rich, the slain DNC staffer, is hot hunk of hokum".More news: Apple's iPhone 8 On Track For September Launch