Dortmund coach says Marc Bartra could return in 4 weeks

Adjust Comment Print

Frankfurt were quick to extend their best wishes to the Spaniard, but solidarity aside, Niko Kovac's men need the points on Saturday having dropped to ninth following a run of nine games without a win.

"It comes in waves".

Former Dortmund manager Jurgen Klopp also weighed in on the issue by saying, "I'm pretty sure the people who made the decision afterwards, if they had been in the bus they would not have played the game".

"We must find a way of overcoming that".

"It shows us again how irrelevant all the things are that we are doing, in terms of when you see what can happen in this insane world at times".

Bartra was hit by shrapnel as three explosions hit the bus Tuesday as it left the team hotel for Dortmund's Champions League quarterfinal match against Monaco. "I don't know if people can understand this, but until I was on the pitch, in the second half, I didn't think about football to be honest", he said. "When they told us "you're up tomorrow", we felt completely ignored".

More news: Supply ship named for John Glenn arrives at space station

"Everybody can imagine it was a hard moment for me because I don't know how often I was in the team hotel with Dortmund", he said. "There is so much more than football in this world". "I get goosebumps. when we were in the bus last night, I can't forget the faces".

"Marc Bartra will be fit again in about four weeks", the club said.

Curiously there is also a contingent of people who appear to think footballer's wages bear relevance to how quickly they should mentally recover from the trauma of a bomb attack. It could easily have been a lot worse.

"I hope Marc has a fantastic recovery". And we are not animals. "You read the whole time of an attack on our bus". "Of course this has an effect and it was a bad experience for all of us".

"A decision made in Switzerland that concerns us directly. We're just incredibly lucky no one else besides Marc was seriously injured".

Tuchel slammed Uefa on Wednesday over the decision to go ahead with the fixture less than 24 hours after the harrowing events.

More news: Today Is Prince's One Year Anniversary

But Dortmund chief executive Hans-Joachim Watzke said Tuesday that a congested calendar meant there was little option for postponing the game further.

"It's a bit scary how the world is", he told reporters.

It gives Dortmund a chance in Monaco next week, albeit a slim one, but the result is ultimately an irrelevance after players suffered what police have since confirmed was a serious attempt on their lives, a terrorist attack, a near-tragedy.

"I tried immediately to get some information". A few minutes after this attack the only question that was asked was: 'Are you ready to play?' As if a beer had been thrown on our coach.

The return leg in Monaco will take place on Wednesday, April 19 at the Stade Louis II. "It will take time to deal with it".

Dortmund is unbeaten in a club-record 34 league games at home. Aubameyang, who played two games less, has 25.

More news: Trump says he will release tax reform package next week

Comments