Lawyers for the federal government say they are weighing their options after a federal appeals court refused to reinstate President Donald Trump's ban on travelers from seven predominantly Muslim nations.
"We have a situation where the security of our country is at stake, and it's a very, very serious situation", he said.
"We are going to do whatever's necessary to keep our country safe", Trump said during a White House news conference with visiting Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe.
"In addition, we will continue to go through the court processes and ultimately I have no doubt that we'll win that particular case", Trump said.
"Immigrants make numerous nation's greatest discoveries, and create some of the country's most innovative and iconic companies", the court filing said. It will happen rapidly. Accordingly, Trump's administration failed to show concrete evidence that the people from the affected countries have committed terror attacks in the US.
He stressed that voters elected him to keep the country secure and that he would take additional measures to improve national security "sometime next week".More news: Reds trading second baseman Brandon Phillips to Braves
Trump's executive order - issued on January 27 with no prior warning - suffered two blows over the course of two weeks in western USA courts.
But with a unanimous decision from the three judges who issued Thursday's opinion, Trump's chances are not good in what's known as one of the country's most reliably liberal appeals courts.
The Trump Administration also argued that the court had no right to review a presidential executive order, which the judges roundly rejected.
The order by the federal judge in Seattle was issued in response to a challenge filed by the state of Washington.
President Trump also promised in his radio address to provide relief for residents in the southern states of Louisiana and MS who suffered property damage when tornadoes ripped through the area earlier this week.More news: SNL's Leslie Jones auditions to play Trump
Mr. Trump said there are tremendous threats to the country.
Under court rules, the judge who made that request will remain anonymous.
White House officials have contradicted themselves on whether or not Trump's administration will pursue further action in court.
Trump signed the executive order last month suspending the arrival of all refugees for at least 120 days, Syrian refugees indefinitely, and barring citizens from Iran, Iraq, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria and Yemen for 90 days, fulfilling one of his central campaign promises.
However the companies, in their court filing, said Trump's executive order would destroy the entrepreneurial spirit that fuels American businesses.
Miller also suggested there could a revised order or new actions to address what he called the vulnerability of the immigration system to terrorism.More news: Zidane eyes possible Bale return at Napoli